High Efficiency Green Duct Work in Birmingham, AL
Since our founding in 1901, One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating has built a reputation as a leading provider of HVAC services in the Birmingham area. We maintain that reputation by focusing on values important to our customers:
- Creating a healthy indoor environment free from pollutants
- Minimizing the impact on the environment with energy-efficient practices
- Managing maintenance costs by using durable and environmentally friendly products
The National Association of Home Builders reports that increasing your home’s energy efficiency is the most common way to improve your home’s performance. We are pleased to support the growth in green home building by using environmentally friendly refrigerants and installing energy-efficient products. We also promote sustainability by installing and maintaining green ductwork.
What is Green Ductwork?
Green HVAC ductwork is a new term in the industry. It involves sealing air ducts, using recyclable materials for ductwork and using duct insulation that helps improve the air quality in your Birmingham home.
- Sealing: Our Aeroseal technology reduces energy loss associated with air leaks, reduces the energy needed to run your HVAC equipment and preserves the efficiency of your equipment.
- Materials: Ductwork made from a combination of materials is lightweight and flexible compared to metal ductwork. It’s easy to install and requires less support, so you save money on labor and materials.
- Insulation: The green liners we install reduce condensation and the chance for microorganisms to grow. They also eliminate the volatile organic compounds contained in traditional duct insulation that can make your family sick.
The Hidden Value of Green HVAC Ductwork
The most critical aspect of green ductwork is increasing your home’s energy efficiency by preventing leaks. Estimates are that leaky ductwork wastes up to $25 billion nationally each year. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, if every homeowner sealed their air ducts, it’d be the equivalent of not burning 250,000 railway cars of coal.
For the average homeowner, 30 cents out of every $1 spent on heating and cooling costs seeps out through leaky ductwork. When you consider that the return on investment for sealing leaky ductwork is two to three years, doesn’t it make sense to talk with one of our comfort advisors to find out how much money you can save with duct sealing?
What’s Different About Aeroseal Technology?
Aeroseal technology is the only duct sealant certified by the National Green Building Standards. As it travels through your duct system, Aeroseal builds up a tough, long-lasting plug wherever there’s a leak. It exceeds all existing building codes and is anticipated to exceed all projected codes as well.
If you’d like to make sure your conditioned air reaches your living spaces, give us a call today to learn more about green HVAC ductwork and Aeroseal technology. We can help you increase your comfort as well as save money; what’s not to like about that?